Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans' Day...

And thank you to all who have voluntarily served our great nation - You know I guess I always recognized that - that our military is an army of volunteers - I am blessed that both of my grandfathers were of that patriotic spirit - This is my mom's dad - he served in Korea; he kept God first and his country next. I admire that. Deeply. Some nations do not allow you to volunteer - that fact hit home when a friend of ours from church who was an exchange student was "made" to return from the States to serve his country's military for specific amount of time. I am blessed - we all are to live in a country where liberty and freedom ring and it's thanks to the founding fathers and a nation full of men and women who understand to their core what it means to be a patriot...to all of you who sacrifice daily for my family - I humbly thank you with all my heart - you keep me and my loved ones safe daily. God honors your service and sacrifice even if at times this country seems not to -- the patriots are still out there and we applaud you.

6 comments:

geisme said...

Jen, excellent post. My sentiments exactly.
-Gail

Unknown said...

I'm pretty late leaving this comment, but wanted to add my "Amen" to this post. I'm proud and grateful to all the men in my family who have and are serving their country.

GE is me said...

Hey Jen! Hope all is okay in GA. Have missed your postings. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
-Gail

Jen said...

are you saving this for next year's veteran's day post?

Unknown said...

Great minds must think alike because I decided to leave a comment asking why you haven't been blogging and there were Gail and Jen doing the same thing. Miss you and the pictures of the kiddos. Hope everything is fine at the "nut house".

Brittney said...

HAY JEN!! BRITTNEY MCCOOk here =)
love the picture!!! =)