Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Future Skydiver???

Okay, so it happened, Ollie took his first roll, leap, dive off of the bed - and I almost had a nervous breakdown and stroke simultaneously! He cried, I cried, Sissy cried. Not good.

He's fine - Emma Grace was kind enough to make sure she told daddy as soon as she saw him that mommy let Owwwee fall off the bed and he got hurt really bad. I am still shaken, not stirred from the event.

I realize babies bounce and boys are rough and tumble -- I just wasn't prepared for a tumble and bounce while I was within arm's length - I have proved yet again that I am deserving of the MOY scepter and title.

I have found these tramautic events to be very good for my soul afterwards as they remind me to treasure my children as gifts and that they really aren't mine, but the Lord's - He is their Provider and Healer and He has entrusted their parental care to Chris and I --- I am so grateful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Todd fell from a shopping buggy in the grocery store once when I was checking out and of course, he was screaming and everyone was coming to see what happened and I was feeling like the worst mother in the world and trying to pay for my groceries and get out of the place. It was obviously quite an experience since it happened over 30 years ago and I still remember it vividly. He had a huge knot on his head for days, then a big bruise and I didn't want to leave the house and have people wonder what I had done to him. And all the while he was completely within my reach, but he just practically jumped from the seat. I hope Ollie didn't get a big knot head!!

Jen Whisonant said...

He HAS a big knot head, but not a big knot on his precious head. And you should hear Emma Grace's version of events - DSS may come yet...lol!