Tuesday, July 22, 2008

K, so I'm getting old and finally beginning to mellow...

Three things happened today with each of my precious little family members that made me first, thankful that God continues shaping me to be more like him and less like me, and second, that I will always be me just hopefully, God will keep working on that!

#1 Last night as I was preparing our kid "junk" for a consignment sale, I actually, pulled out one of Emma G's baby dolls and her accessories that was headed tothe sale. If you've known me for any length of time, you know I am merciless about "junk" that when we moved my daddy hauled truckloads of it away for me while Chris was already here; and that when my friends move, I bring them black trash bags instead of boxes to encourage tossing "junk;" and that I do not get sentimentally attached to said "junk" --- for me, the memory is fondly embraced in my heart and soul, not in "junk." So, it was a miracle in itself, that I stopped and saved that doll for Emma Grace --- which totally made her day - it had been packed away for at least 6 months and she has very much enjoyed playing with her "new" toy.

#2 This morning Chris got up early, early in efforts to help me out this evening - and in his darkened haste (before the sun came up), he forgot to carry the trash to the curb along with a nice load of cardboard that has been sitting for over a week. So, I was up much later than him (thank you, honey) and getting morning things done with the kiddos upstairs, when I hear the trash man coming...and I think, mmmmm, I wonder if Bubba remembered...and we go down stairs long after the trash man has come and gone and there's our trash sitting right behind the swing set in its usual spot. And I thought, "Oh, well." Again, if you've known me for any length of time, you know in the past that would have sent me right over the edge and into a fit. God works miracles even in his most challenging of children...ie, me. I ended up just texting Chris to let him know for today, he was a "doof" -- that is Jen terms for Goof and Doofus -- but it sounds nicer - well, maybe not now that I've explained it...but I was actually playful and well, sort of kind as opposed to my alter-ego that Chris "lovingly" refers to as "Mean Jen." And I'm just still kinda blown away that I'm changing...ah, wedded bliss.

#3 This one was my favorite one and honestly better left with fewer words and just this picture. Again, if you've known me for any length of time, you know I like my kids clean as well as my house...Well, Ollie got the dose of grace on this one...and this is as well why I always, always keep my eyes on my kids, especially, Oliver Thomas.

No comments: