Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wow - so I can't think of a good title...

It's been a crazy week at the Nuthouse! Like I mentioned in previous posts, we enjoyed and were blessed by the events around the celebration of our freedom fourth of July weekend, and then Monday came --- bringing with it mayhem! Ollie had to go to urgent care Monday night and we are on yet another Z-pak for another right ear infection. Meanwhile, our palladium window in our two story foyer sprung a leak. And did I mention that everyone's attitudes have just stunk - including my own! Honestly - I feel attacked by evil forces --- even Tuesday morning, Chris woke up shouting as he was dreaming vividly about casting demons out of 2 women! Now if that isn't weird, I don't know what is - I told him last night that he could feel free to cast demons out of this house and its inhabitants!!! But, I must say you get attacked when you pop up on old satan's radar - and guess as of late, we've been a blip on his screen. But, as always, this morning there was a gift waiting for me when I took a minute to look. So, as I looked out my kitchen window, I saw morning glories - yeah, beautiful morning glories - I thought I'd seen them before, but I wasn't sure because it was always later in the day. This morning, I was sure, and I was grateful for the precious gift waiting for me from my Jesus, when I took a moment to be still and thank Him for the good and the bad things in our lives. And minus typical kid stuff, it's almost peaceful in the house this morning -- and it's okay that Ollie is sick, but getting well quickly, and it's okay that we're probably gonna have to pay to have a new window installed and repair work done because we found a contractor we can trust with a kind heart who lives in our neighborhood to boot. It's like I finally got still enough to hear that still, small voice saying, I'm here, I love you...persevere in My Strength, not yours. Lord, I'm here, I love you and I'll persevere in Your Strength and abide in Your Love.

And as I just pulled up Bible Gateway ( a great resource tool), here was today's verse,
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”- Ephesians 3:20-21
Yeah, Amen.

And I'll post some pics to wish you all a Wordless Wednesday in Him.

No comments: