Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of K3

It went exceptionally well. Mommy had more trouble than EG. I got up at 6:40ish and EG and Ollie popped right out of bed while I still had one eye yet to open. We got dressed and ready, had breakfast (even if it was a poptart for EG and pears for OT), and were out the door by 8:15. Getting to school was easy because everyone is so courteous down here --- so far --- in the way outs away from Hotlanta itself. Mommy had her first troubles trying to read the carline map - yes, that's what I said, a carline map. So, I missed the last driveway being confused by the madness of it all and had to cut a U-ie on a downtown city street -- oh well. We got there early for our designated drop off and mommy didn't realize that you could line up even if it wasn't your "turn" to drop off yet. Again, oh well. I managed not to hit any teachers with car duty and/or small children --- kudos for me! We pulled up and Emma Grace just got right out and went with a perfect stranger into school with her shiny new back pack over both her shoulders. She was a big girl.

Then mommy and Ollie got to go to the Paulding county courthouse - again - to try and get Georgia titles for our cars...oh what fun...imagine those of you from York county...driving to York with 10 times more woods and pastures to get to the courthouse in the city of York, SC and then you've got the drive I had this morning - all in all - an hour round trip - I must really love Chris Whisonant...

So, we got to go pick up sissy at 11:45 and whew, that carline was as confusing, though I did not miss the driveway this time - but the carline shifted - ieieieieie - I am from York, people, Keep It Simple! Emma Grace just hopped right up in the car and talked and asked for her Veggie Tales praise and worship Cd as if today were any other day. She was magnificent. Kids are so resilient, aren't they? Again, she is playing with the boys over the girls, which makes me laugh because I was a tomboy for the most part and was the same way for some of my schooling. When I asked her did she play with any little girls today...she said no mommy, there are no little girls in my class, just big boys and big girls...pardon me!!!

All in all, it was a great day --- why no pics, you ask...ask Chris some time where the camera is for his daughter's first day of school...hopefully, the disposable camera I had was decent and after being forced to actually have film developed again, I'll post some pics from today.

3 comments:

Chris Whisonant said...

I'm so glad it went well honey. Sorry bout the camera, but I'll try to get Jeter to smile...

But I do hate I missed our little girl this morning!

Amanda said...

Sounds like it went well! I am impressed that you didn't walk her in on her 1st day! You left out the part about any tears. Even us tough girls cry when there babes go to school!

Jen Whisonant said...

Believe it or not...I really didn't cry and she didn't either. I think I was just dumbstruck that she just went right in without delay or complaint or wailing and gnashing of teeth - I mean you know what it was like just to get here into Weeshine...I just couldn't believe it.