Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

Okay, so since my friend moved to the far off land of El Paso, I've been saying I'm going...

And since I never got a vacation last year (yes, I'll bring that up again because unless you are warped you do not call moving to Georgia a vacation -- although we did take EG to Myrtle Beach for her birthday -- but I was still chief cook and bottle washer, so it doesn't technically count...) and since the kids and I got bumped from the Disney World/Lotusphere trip in 2 weeks (meaning I don't get to see my other best-good friend who lives in West Palm Beach for the time being), I just bought my ticket to El Paso! I say my ticket because I am going ALONE! We'll call it Mer-Happy Birth-East-Mas presents (that's Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday (cough, January 21, cough), and Happy Easter, too)...soooo, come President's Day weekend, I'll be "leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again," except that my return flight is on that Tuesday. =)

I'm just so excited, there will be no living with me until then! It will be the best President's Day ever and I'll have to buy a new hand sanitizer to celebrate the occasion...

4 comments:

Rick & Cindy Shideler said...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone as excited as you about a trip to El Paso. :-) But I guess I would be excited too if I were headed to see my BF. So let me be the first to wish you a Mer-Happy Birth-East-Mas! May you have many more... :-)

Jen Whisonant said...

Thanks for the wishes...can you roll back time so I'm not so close to 30? Chris turns 30 Thursday and I'm rubbing it in...that may come back to haunt me in 2 years...

Sundi said...

Jen, I just like you, too! I get a kick out of reading your blog -- funny, real, and your kids are adorable! Maybe we'll meet when you come out the El Paso way!

Jen Whisonant said...

@Sundi - we'll have to have the illustrious Mrs. Wade make arrangements, "let's do lunch, dahhh-ling."