Monday, January 21, 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

cry if I want to, cry if I want to, you would cry too, if it happened to you..." (Yeah, if you know me, you know you can hear me singing that over and over again.)

So, today is my birthday, and last night I couldn't get to sleep, so I was up until 1 am-ish...when I finally dozed off, only to hear my 10 month old crying in his room...so I did what every good mom does, I let him cry for a while, hoping and praying that he would just fall asleep...I had no such luck! We were up at 1:15 am and then again at 2 am --- so glad that he could share my birthday with me in such a special way...oh, so glad. So, my grumpy head is working on finding my happy heart today. After finally putting the munchkin in the bed with me, we slept almost peacefully except for the few bats to my head - until 6 am - when he was up again. Then we attempted to doze off only for big sister to wander in once the sun came up (because that's our rule for her). So, we were up - I did not want to be, but here we are. I've cleared the breakfast dishes and I'm working on finishing the pot of coffee that I made...Emma Grace is playing quietly in the living room in front of the Christmas tree...yup, I said tree, we still haven't taken it down, and Chris is gone to Lotusphere, so it remain up prolly til he comes home Thursday or Friday. Ollie is being a grumpy-butt - guess, he is just like his momma - I'm trying not to poke the little bear. But, we're getting out of this house today - after 2 days of below freezing temperatures and looking only at each other - we ARE getting out of this house today. I don't know what we'll do yet - I'm thinking Super Target. What can I say? And reinforcements are on the way - my mom will be here soon and again, there will be another grown up in the house. =) So, happy birthday to me - enjoy the pics of the kids...


2 comments:

gDodson said...

Hope you've had a Happy Birthday, despite the lack of sleep. The other night, Greg told Brooke that she was supposed to sleep in the following morning as her birthday present to Daddy...and she did! Perhaps you should give that a try tonight. :)

jennifer j said...

Hope you had a Wonderful time -- Super Target ALWAYS cheers me up! Happy Birthday!