Monday, May 28, 2007

Georgia on my mind...

Okay, so if you know me, you know what we're going through right now. It's weird! I can honestly say I cannot remember any length of time that Bubba and I were not always right there beside each other. Weird is the only word for this feeling.

So, I spent the day packing boxes and thinking...dangerous! #1 - I am not a great box packer - just ask the other J-Dub and #2 - when my mind can wonder, it gets carried away...

But I just had to say thanks to my friend in the west Texas town of El Paso for being the Christian woman that I've always needed to be my friend, my sister, and yes, even a role model...yes, I said role model. I don't think I would be in the position I'm in (is that good or bad?) without having watched you live out your life in front of me for the last year or so...you've lived it in strength, not yours, but Our Lord's and completely covered in His Grace...Thank You, for letting me be a part and watch your beautiful spirit!

And I truly have to say thanks to Pops and his beautiful bride. We've never experienced true honest friendship as a married couple like we have with you two. It totally overwhelms me and at times, leaves me speechless, yes, speechless. To be a part of your family and share special events with you up close and personal has changed me and helped me become more like Christ. Thanks for challenging me constantly and putting up with me when I don't particularly care for the challenge.

And to the newlyweds...you've blessed us with your special day in ways that I will never be able to put into words, NEVER. We love you so much!

Okay, so obviously, I should not be left alone with my thoughts!!! But, we love you guys, and remember that you'll always have a place to stay in Kennesaw...always.

And Bubba, have fun in the big city without me! But, remember this time - I get a dining room suite, not another guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I just had to laugh at the dining room suite, not guitar comment! That's too funny!!! I'm glad you were there along for our moving ride. Believe me, the ride doesn't end just because you put your stuff in a new house.

Jen Whisonant said...

I told bubbs when we get to our new house, i want to lay the gibson on the floor in the dining room and take a picture of what would have been my new table and chairs...but he said that same thing, too...he knows. =) And I cannot even imagine how bumpy the ride gets...love ya

Chris Whisonant said...

How about we get BOTH?? :)

Jen Whisonant said...

SERIOUSLY???? DID YOU REALLY ASK THAT? FOR REAL? I think you've lost your mind - for that fact, I think we've both lost our minds.