Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ear infection #2

So, we will soon have stock options at Rite-Aid here. Ollie came down with the fever that never ends again and cries that were terrible. Saturday morning, Chris took him to the ped and it was yet another ear infection...though the docs think that maybe his earlier infection didn't totally clear up and came back to this nicely raging one. So, after ear drops every 2 hours, Augmentin for the last 24 hours, and regular doses of tylenol, our little fella is turning around. YUCK - Emma Grace did not do the ear thing like this -- and as I'm stressing and tired, Chris adds so perfectly as he does, you know I had to have tubes twice as a kid. Thanks - yes - that helped. But for now, things are looking up, OT is returning to normal, EG is hyped up for Halloweening and Chris is in town for the time being --- the sun's shining and hey, I may even splurge and take EG to Super Target to shop this afternoon. =) And yes, I hear silence from the nursery - hallelujah! Chris and EG are at church and all I can hear is the humming of the washing machine...ahhhh.

4 comments:

GE is me said...

Jen, I so can't stand that phase. They're too little to tell you what's wrong, but you know something is wrong. I was very fortunate in my girls only had a couple of ear infections before they hit 1. And when they did, I usually didn't know it.
Hope O.T. is feeling better & back to his usual self soon.
-Gail

gina said...

Hello...my name is Gina. I live in IL and stumbled across your website from a link from your husband’s website. (I was doing a search for an answer to a Domino/Notes problem I'm having…I’m a Domino Admin.) Anyway..I've been browsing your site and just wanted to say you have a beautiful family. Your kids are SO CUTE! I also have a 4 year old girl and a soon to be 2 year old boy. Many of your stories (posts) remind me of my own family. We also battled many ear infections with both our kids but then they out grew it. We never had to do tubes with either of them…Hang in there!!! Oh! And I love the post from Friday, Sept. 7th, 2007. I’ve got to get back to work now!

Jen Whisonant said...

@Gail - thanks - he's almost back to speed now!

@Gina - glad you enjoyed my spoof - it's the only version of domino that I'm familiar with ;) - glad you enjoyed...it's good to get encouragement - happy to be a distraction, too! Come back anytime!

gina said...

I noticed your daughter was Cinderella last year...my daughter is going to be that this year. She's excited. What is your daughter going to be this year....and how old is your son?