Tuesday, October 23, 2007

REAL vacation...

As all of my friends have heard me whine - my "vacation" this summer was being a one woman show moving from SC to GA...not great fun, I might add. This past weekend, I got a real vacation. We started and it has become a quasi-tradition, going to the beach every October for our daughter's birthday. And it felt like vacation and it was great. We broke up the 7 hour trip by stopping in Augusta on the way to Surfside on Wednesday and in Columbia on Sunday on the way home. We saw friends we hadn't seen in ages and played at the beach with both sets of Emma's grandparents. Needless to say, I am tired this morning. =) And my children are spoiled...but we'll recover and routine will take over soon. I'll post some pictures soon...right now I have no idea where they are and ask me if I care.

2 comments:

Chris Whisonant said...

Yes, it was a great trip indeed! Much driving, but it's all good - we had a blast.

I just emailed you the pics. :)

Jen Whisonant said...

But don't we have to drive everywhere now that we live in Hotlanta? What's another couple of hours to see sand and surf?