Friday, February 15, 2008

"The Final Countdown"

Yes, out loud even, I am singing that song...okay, so I'm sort of quietly speaking it because OT is napping, but nonetheless, I am singing it. =)

Ollie is feeling better, though still teething - he has blisters on his gums where his two middle front teeth should be, and still having "explosions" from the southern boundary, he does still feel "good" and plays happily with Grandma Jane and sissy. Sissy is on the couch - tummy ache from eating a pop ice like a Hoover - and milking it, too, watching Curious George. Grandma Jane just ran to Publix to buy groceries and things to cook me dinner tonight - Grandma Jane rocks that out for sure. Chris is working - which I'm pretty sure that's all he ever does these days unless I in desperation must call him when I'm miserably ill or the kids are and my world is spinning out of control --- but today, that is not the case and he's working until 5:30, 6ish and then heading home. I just finished my Daily Bible reading of the chronological Bible - and yes, today I am caught up -- it was the first of Moses' two final addresses and I must say - wow! God is cool...today's reading made me realize that I must fear no man - for judgment comes from God as Moses told the first judges of Israel, that I want to be called as one who wholeheartedly followed God as Moses described Caleb, that I can find God when I seek him wholeheartedly - that my God loves me so much that He is jealous over me when I stray and follow the things of this world, not of Him...yeah, it's been good today...

AND IN LESS THAN TEN HOURS, I WILL BE IN EL PASO, TEXAS HUGGING ON MY BEST GOOD FRIEND AND HER FAMILY!!! And in less than ten hours, my mom-in-law will have the older of her two sons all to herself as well as two of her three grandchildren, the oldest one and the youngest one...it's a pretty good day to be a Whisonant mommy leaving Georgia and in Georgia...I hope our remaining Whisonant mommy in Rock Hill is having as great a day - she deserves it, too! Love you, bug.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so excited about our trip to Myrtle Beach, and it was wonderful, but now it's over and it all seemed to happen so fast. That's the way I feel about your last few blogs. The anticipation is almost as much fun as the event. I know you and Jen will have a great time, but time flies by so quickly. Can't wait to hear how it all went.