Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Tornado...OH, I mean Happy Mother's Day!

Yikes! I was either waiting for Mary Poppins to drop in with her trusty umbrella and spoon full of sugar or for ruby slippered feet to be sticking out from under my front door this morning when we arose. It was awful last night - I thought I had started praying more as of late - then last night, I really started praying more! All's well and no tornadoes got us - pray for all the folks that lost loved ones last night and this morning, that lost homes, that lost - thank you Jesus, the storms here were all between where we live and downtown ATL - but way too close for my comfort and not how I had quite envisioned my first mother's day in GA to be!

However, happy mommy's day to all you ladies out there...
grandmas, moms, mommies-yet-to-be.






We love you! Thank you for loving us so much!

2 Timothy 3 (NLT)

14 But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. 15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the baby dedication picture on your blog. Of course, I would, since those were my three babies in the picture. Happy Mother's Day! I spent mine at Myrtle Beach!! Wish you all were here.

Jen said...

that picture cracks me up. i always think about Chris wiping Mav's spit up off my leg and the floor while Jeff prayed. too funny. we were quite a crew that morning. happy mommies day to you. glad you didn't get swallowed by a tornado.

Danna Ramsey said...

Hey, my friend Nikki recommended your blog to me. My mother found out yesterday that her cancer is back. I hate cancer. God has already worked so many miracles in her life and we pray for more! We will now pray for your mother as well. Hang in there ...