Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday should be thankful...

Do you ever just feel like Thursday, really? Most of us push for the weekend, so we're really looking forward to Friday and on Thursday we are recovering from overtired kids that we tagged along with to church on Wednesday night - not to mention everything else that the earlier part of the week brought. I usually just take Thursday for granted - griping that it's not yet Friday, tired from Wednesday - and today I just thought, "yeah, i should stop and be thankful for today, for Thursday." It's almost like another day of rest if I take advantage of it, so I think I will, and I'll mention what I am thankful for, too!

I'm thankful...

for a four year old who understands the story of Jonah and the whale, yet cannot quite apply the life lesson of obedience.

for a one year old who will smile when he cries and snots and slobbers on me.

for a hubby who always wants to be with me even when I don't particularly want to be with me.

for a mom who is resilient and brave and great to hug.

for a dad whose hands are worn, but still great to hold.

for my kids to have a great grandmother turning 80 next month.

for a mom-in-law who calls to just see how I am.

for a dad-in-law who really does have a special place in his heart for girls.

for a bro-in-law who I can always talk to.

for my kids to have an aunt that would do anything for them.

for a nephew who couldn't be cuter if he was my own.

for our families - the good, the bad, and the crazy! Right now, I'm pretty sure I have the market cornered on crazy!

No comments: