Friday, May 9, 2008

Somebody's Praying Me Through...

and all of us. I just talked to my mom and today was long. But she did pretty well. She felt tired - super duper like you just worked a 12 hour day, then went home to clean the whole house from top to bottom and even under neath. She's glad now that daddy made "driver" arrangements because she's pretty sure she wouldn't be able to drive home from Charlotte. Daddy already has 13 people lined up to help drive for the appointments where she gets all 3 power drugs.

Keep praying - we'll all be on this journey together and come next Mother's Day - we'll have to celebrate what the Lord has done over this year - celebrate today what He's doing now! I was reading my Bible this afternoon (Chris is working from home, we missed the Mother's day brunch at EG's school, EG went to the ped, the kids and I have runny noses and coughs and sore throats, but I am grateful, still.) I am still reading Psalms and below are the last lines of today's reading from Psalm 27, you should read the whole Psalm, all the Psalms, the whole Bible while you're at it. =)

13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

We are waiting for you, Lord, we are waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know she started, but I am glad to know that things went the best they could! I had to write when I read all yall had runny allergy noses, I have no voice!! I don't feel terrible, just cant talk! haha Hope all is going okay! Miss yall love...aunt hayley...kiss the kids for me!

GE is me said...

Ps 27 is one of my favorite. God gave it to me during a particularly rough time w/my parents. (see vs.10)
Isn't it nice to know others around you are praying for you, when it seems you don't know how, what to pray for, or just plain can't?!
Y'all are still in my prayers.
Loved the pic of EG & Bailey. :)
God Bless, -Gail

AG said...

Keep believing and meditating on God's word. Pslm 27 is one of my favorites as well, it has carried me since my precious Kevin was called home. I still have it taped to my desk and am believing it more and more with each passing day. Remember with God all things are possible. Keeping Barbara, Tom and you in the light of God's amazing love. Love you bunches, AG