Friday, March 28, 2008

This was just funny...

So, amid all the stormy days and stormy moments...I can always find humor or something will happen to me that really just makes me belly laugh because it could only happen to me.

So, here's the funny. We were unpacking a week's worth of suitcases (ugh - the laundry is still not all done) and birthday presents and Easter candy and toys and yadda, yadda, yadda...and the kids had exhibited some good behavior (though it was fleeting), so I decided it was time to reward them with some Easter chocolate after snack time. So, I let Emma Grace choose and she picked the Jameson's candy company (from the town of my birth, New Castle, Pa - I was also born at Jameson Hospital there) that my Aunt Kim and Uncle Bob had left for us on a previous trip through Rock Hill to see Momma (Aunt "Kimmy" as moms calls her is mom's only baby sister out of a family of 6 kids). So, we open it and these bunnies are SOLID milk chocolate - SOLID - did I say SOLID? I had to cut into this bad boy with a knife. So, we indulge and have chocolate everywhere - even Ollie is drooling into this rare indulgence...and Emma Grace pipes up while we are finishing our chocolate euphoria..."Mommy, you can tell Grandma Barb that Aunt Kim can come every Easter and bring us bunnies." And I had to smile and agree. ;) The Easter bunny has nothing on Aunt Kim~

1 comment:

Chris Whisonant said...

Mmm.... it was good chocolate!!