Sunday, March 9, 2008

Whew...

First of all -February/March so far have been whirlwinds - mostly because at the end of February - President's Day weekend to be exact we all started getting "gut" flu and had that for two weeks, then we all got better...Then for the last week, we've all had the upper respiratory virus that's going around...WE have been the afflicted! So, we all felt better except for me - as usual - I was up last night, nearly all night, coughing up a lung, I think...so when Chris woke me in the dark to get ready for church, I did the roll over and moan routine...convincing him and me that I did not need to go to church today...

Then that little voice - gave me no peace - when Chris left at 6:30 am (really 5:30 am - dst sucks) I could not go back to sleep...I laid awake until the children awakened...we had breakfast, and that little voice still nagged --- you could make it to church --- so we sluggishly moved forward - very sluggishly! Needless to say, in a shirt that I didn't like on a day that I wasn't full throttle and I felt like pookie...WE JOINED KENNESAW FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH.

Yes, folks, the thoughtful ponderers crossed the finish line here in Georgia, though I still don't know how I feel about it. I know we were drawn to KFBC and happily serve the Lord there with our brothers and sisters in Christ --- but my heart longs for "home" - for First Baptist Church Fort Mill, SC. I long for my family and my dear friends daily. Pray for me, for us, in the times that we cross your minds. I will so not lie and say this is all easy...it's hard, stinking hard...but I will count it all joy according to the words of the book of James - especially in knowing that we felt God call us to this place for Chris's career, for our family, for His Glory.

So we are officially members of the Georgia Baptist Convention when the letters are all given...that feels weird. Keep our seats warmed at FBCFM, though, we'll (the kids and I) be home for the week of Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday (maybe the Easter bunny will help Chris hop on up to The Thrill for Easter, too)...and we're all looking forward to it! I hope we'll get home again at the end of April when the Wades hit The Mill, too.

Dates worthy of note --- my baby boy will no longer be a baby this Saturday, March 15th...Oliver Thomas will be ONE at 11:54 AM and the Grands will be here for our neighborhood (of 1700 homes) Easter egg hunt, then some boy/girl outings, and a birthday dinner complete with cake! It won't be an awesome cake by the illustrious Mrs. Gale, but it will get smashed and slobbered, so it will be okay for Georgia. We'll just make due. =)

Happy Monday-ing to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen/Chris,

The one thing I've learned more than anything else this year is that church is all about service and not about me. It's not about how great the pastor is, or how hip the band is, or even if the church serves starbucks (although I wish :). Church has become very self-serving for most... the how is the church meeting MY needs attitude. I've learned through mine and Jen's experience at FBCEP that there is much more reward in being part of the growth and change, than just having a good Sunday experience at a great church that already has it all figured out. The ride in many ways is much more work, but the rewards outweigh the struggle. I miss FBCFM, but I'm glad I haven't missed out on the incredible experience of this past year struggling with my brothers and sisters in Christ in EL Paso, TX. God has taught me that I will never regret the joy of serving Him, even if it doesn't feel as good as I would like.

Jake Wade