Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blossoms, Burdens, Blessings and Buddies

I'm so glad that it is time for new life - that spring is here and the azaleas are blooming in my front yard - I was so glad to see them today like an old friend.


So, wow, been a little bit since I last blogged. Lots going on. We recuped from our last SC trip only to be putting our junk right back into our suitcases again that we just emptied to go back. lol. Life from a suitcase - you do kinda get used to it. We're heading home again to see the "high speed" Wades who will be home this weekend, too. And we're gonna go spend some time with loved ones, too.

Burdens - Pray for my mom and for us. Mom just got the lab results yesterday from her ONCO test and the cancer from her tumors was bad momma-jomma cancer (carrying a 1 in 4 chance that the cancer could recur within 10 years) that will require her to endure chemo now. She goes to the doc on Friday so pray for that appointment, for her doctor to have the right method of treatment, for mom to have comfort in this leg of the journey, for her strength and daddy's, and for Christ's glory to be ever-present and ever-comforting - for His will in His timing.

Blessings - This week I've been reading from the Psalms. Check out just a few verses from Psalm 71 - Psalm 77 was so comforting, too. God surely/truly gives you what you need when you need it if you just take time to sit at His feet to read His Holy Word. Psalm 71 is a song to remind us of how good God is.

Psalm 71 (New Living Translation)

3 Be my rock of safety
where I can always hide.
Give the order to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.

5 O Lord, you alone are my hope.
I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood.
6 Yes, you have been with me from birth;
from my mother’s womb you have cared for me.
No wonder I am always praising you!

7 My life is an example to many,
because you have been my strength and protection.
8 That is why I can never stop praising you;
I declare your glory all day long.
9 And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside.
Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.

12 O God, don’t stay away.
My God, please hurry to help me.

14 But I will keep on hoping for your help;
I will praise you more and more.
15 I will tell everyone about your righteousness.
All day long I will proclaim your saving power,
though I am not skilled with words.
16 I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord.
I will tell everyone that you alone are just.

17 O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood,
and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do.
18 Now that I am old and gray,
do not abandon me, O God.
Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,
your mighty miracles to all who come after me.

19 Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens.
You have done such wonderful things.
Who can compare with you, O God?
20 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,
but you will restore me to life again
and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
21 You will restore me to even greater honor
and comfort me once again.

22 Then I will praise you with music on the harp,
because you are faithful to your promises, O my God.
I will sing praises to you with a lyre,
O Holy One of Israel.
23 I will shout for joy and sing your praises,
for you have ransomed me.

Buddies - My kids really are buddies even when they are fussing at each other - it's not crazy, just hilarious...so here are my little buddies.


One is good of Ollie and one is good of Emma G.


These are Emma Grace's dance buddies in their costumes for the recital. Yesterday was picture day. They are all Disney Princesses.


Ollie loves running around the dance studio!


Hope your day is full of blossoms, blessings, and buddies.
Give the burdens to the Lord...He can carry them and you.

1 comment:

Jen said...

okay, ariel is a bit much for a preschool dance function!