Monday, June 11, 2007

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

K - So, I'm getting slack for not posting...so week #3, here it goes.

This weekend, EG and I went to Kennesaw to see daddy. That is a stinkin' long drive when you leave Fort Mill after 3pm...we hit Charlotte rush hour from i-485 to Gastonia on i-85, then we hit Greenville rush hour at 5pm, so we stopped at California Dreaming (where Chris and I used to go on dates when he was at NGC and I was at CC), then we even hit Atlanta rush hour on i-85, i-285, and i-75...So, the weekend started with lots of waiting and anticipating. Emma did great! She is a good little traveler like her mommy was at that age. When we did get there, we met Chris at a chickalay right off i-75 and had milkshakes...it was so great to see him, even if we did leave our house 6 hours earlier!!! The normal ride down there is only 4 1/2 hours with Flying-J stop.

Our realtor, Myra Brown (Remax Around Atlanta) is just simply a gift from God - plain and simple! She took Emma and I all over Cobb county on Friday from 9:30 until 4:30! She even took us to a great BBQ place for lunch - her treat - what a lady!! Emma also did great at this, too. We found 1 property we liked Friday, but it was on a postage stamp lot in a very terraced neighborhood...so the kitchen window view was our neighbor's foundation and retaining wall. YUCK! I have learned a lot about Cobb county real estate in a 48 hour period. Since Friday yielded no promises, Myra and I hit the highway again on Saturday -- all day and found 2-3 more promising properties, but none sold us. By this point, I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs --- with sleeping dogs in the rocking chairs! I thought/prayed that the Lord would find me a house! So, Sunday morning after church, Myra showed us one more neighborhood - where she really wants us to be - her son and nephew live there - and I was in love! The neighborhood is a golf community called Bentwater in Acworth, Georgia and the house is a 2-story on a half-acre lot and I was sold. Thanks to Myra for not giving up on me!

So, we wrote a contract on our favorite, but it was hard to choose which one was the best! And now, we're waiting...

It feels like that is all I'm doing these days, waiting for these people to give me a contract, waiting for the people buying our house to give me a list from the home inspection of things to fix, waiting on the home inspector, waiting on the appraiser, waiting on our realtor here to call us back, waiting on the mailman, waiting on the UPS guy, waiting on a severe thunderstorm warning to end....

And we all know that I hate to wait...mmmmm, ironic, isn't it? There is a lesson here, isn't there?

So, if all keeps moving forward, waiting will be a memory and I'll be moving 100 mph like a toot in a whirlwind...so here we go...updates to come!!!

1 comment:

Chris Whisonant said...

4.5 hours?? Took me 5 driving close to speed limit counting an 1 hr layover w/ Mr. and Mrs. Blizzard in G'ville!!! :) It's not a bad trip...

Yes, we must learn patience my young Padawan. LU!