Monday, July 9, 2007

Dragon Tales...

Okay, so no pics this time - I know you're disappointed. But it is a funny!

Emma loves Dragon Tales on PBS - it's a show with magical dragons that speak-uh the english and spanish - it's pretty cute, but somewhat annoying as all children's programming - except for VeggieTales - I have a genuine affection for talking tomatoes.

Okay, so the funny...We put in a Dragon Tales DVD for the car ride and Emma puts on headphones, then she sings at the top of her lungs, "I wish I wish with all my heart to fly with dwagons in a land of-fart" --- Chris and I giggled for the next 30 minutes. Of course, she was riding in the car for 5 hours with her daddy -- it does kind of become a land of fart after a while. LOL!!!

The song actually goes, "I wish I wish with all my heart to fly with dragons in a land apart." Gotta love it! She is soooo like her momma, if you don't know the words, just make it up with a joyful heart. Of course, this coming from the gal who thought that song in the 90's was "can't find the butter milk" - "can't find the better man" - it was a black covered CD and a rock band - Chris will know who I mean...so read the comments to find out and laugh at me...I don't mind.

9 comments:

Chris Whisonant said...

You mean "Can't find the butter man" by Pearl Jam? :)

We had just hit the road, so the car didn't smell yet. It was hilarious!

Jen Whisonant said...

I knew you would know what I meant! =) It was hilarious - we're watching Dragon Tales now. LOL

Unknown said...

Today my step-father and I had beans and cornbread for lunch, then we all went to Dollar Tree. We were laughing about hoping no one was behind us in some of the aisles and when we left, fire trucks were pulling into the parking lot!!! We laughed all the way home wondering if we set of some kind of "gas" detector.

Jen said...

i've always thought they said "i wish i wish with all my heart to fly with dragons in a land of heart" heart, apart, fart...what's the difference?

Jen Whisonant said...

many times while shopping, chris will warn, no, you don't want to go back down that aisle...i've come to an understanding with the man! =) although, some times i think he does it, just so i won't buy anything else!

GE is me said...

Oh Jen, b/w your post & the comments, I was practically rolling on the floor. (they say laughter is the best medicine.) But since I have twin 2 year olds, I'm so right there w/you on the language skills. Some days it is just too stinking cute. Except when they overhear you say a *@! & then promptly repeat it. Not that I say those words on a regular basis as I'm well aware of having a 2 yr old repeat them.
Besides Momma always told me that if those were the only words I knew how to use then I didn't have a good command of the English language.

Copperhead said...

You might need to consider writing lyrics for EG's title.....before your blog, I thought it was only us in our forties who could relate! Too funny!

Tina Grayson said...

Missing having your humor around :)

Jen Whisonant said...

Trust me that I'm missing you all having my humor around...and me, too. See you all next weekend...;)