Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Top 5, Side 1, Track 1

So, Bubba tagged me to do this list your favorite top 5, side 1, track 1 list...

Here it goes...
Belly-laughing, snorting, and peeing of pants permitted...

Artist: Eagles
Album: Hotel California
Year: 1976
Hotel California

Artist: Whitney Houston
Album: Whitney
Year: 1987
I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)

Artist: New Kids on the Block
Album: Step by Step
Year: 1990
Step by Step

Artist: Tanya Tucker
Album: What Do I Do with Me
Year: 1991
If Your Heart Ain’t Busy Tonight

Artist: R.E.M.
Album: Monster
Year: 1994
What’s The Frequency Kenneth?

So, obviously, I am not a normal human being! I have had many phases and hairdos to go with my current musical obsession --- which in my teenage years mostly came from my friends. Since Chris and others have snagged some of my all-time favs, I had to think outside the box. Enjoy!

My childhood consisted of long car rides to Pennsylvania with grandparents who loved HeeHaw and parents who loved rock and Lionel Ritchie and country. My teenage years are inexplicable, other than I was a victim of my own peers' pop culture. Then post-teen years are dominated by the influence of Chris. We used to do battle on the 2 hour ride from Rock Hill to Greenville and Spartanburg over the radio...He has always loved Christian weirdo rock stuff with some other bizarre stuff mixed in as well as classic rock and I was 100% a country music freak along with anything else that pop culture brought along.

So, that's my list - I'm a big girl...

So, now I tag,
Stephen Whis
Hayley Whis
All of the Newells (That's 5 by themselves)
Chris Moody
Lottie Moody

If you don't have a blog, you can post yours under the comments on mine...
Let's hear it!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Why did you do this? Now I'm going to have to sit and think about the old days and spend time on some music website trying to figure out my top 5. I thought I would get out of it because I didn't think you'd fall into the trap! I thought you were my friend???? :o)

Chris Whisonant said...

Nice - where's Ace of Base? ;)

Jen Whisonant said...

Ace of Base didn't make the cut...when it came to NKOTB, REM or Ace of Base, I had to go with the first two...plus, "I Saw the Sign" was not the title track...and that was the one that I played a guh-zillion times...so do you still have your Ace of Base CD in your car??? Ahhh...yes, I play dirty!