Sunday, July 29, 2007

Only in Rock Thrill...

Okay, so apparently, certain people, ah-hem, think that my blog is not pithy or entertaining or the best...to that, I say - nananabooboostickyourheadindoodoo -

But moving on to the entertaining portion and giving you the best that Rock Thrill has to offer, we were home in Rock Hill this last 10 days for my best friend's wedding (which was awesome, fantastic, and did I say, awesome? - More to post later after some pics on that.), but this story surpasses even the wedding ones...

So, it's 1 am on Sunday morning and Chris and I are driving back separately from the wedding reception and we're headed to his parent's to spend the night, when we have to stop at a traffic light in McConnells. So, we are yakkin' on the phone to each other to stay awake, Chris in front in his parents' car and me behind him in our car --- and we have to both stop for the red light --- yet the truck that has the green light is stopped. Chris was like hmmm, wonder why that truck is stopped? And remember McConnells is country...and I see a guy on the side of the truck opposite us just standing there in the road looking straight ahead --- does anyone see where this is going?? I said, Bub, I think that guy behind the truck is peeing. No way, you say. So Chris looks and I don't --- PTL. The guy was, yes, in fact, stopped at a green light and had gotten out of his truck to take a pee in the road. Welcome home, welcome home.

As I said, Only in Rock Thrill!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

great story, but i can top it!! we saw a guy peeing beside the parking lot at the mall in el paso in BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! jake and i both looked at each other like we didn't just see what we saw - - and i check your blog more than once a day hoping for a new whis of a story!

Amanda said...

How funny!!

Jen Whisonant said...

I apologize for not blogging at all last week. We stayed at the apartment at Grandma Jane's most of the week and there is not even hopes of wi-fi out in the country that far! But, I'm back and once Chris downloads the pics from his laptop to mine, I'll be in business.