Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, ya'll!

And what better way to start the day than to worship with fellow believers?

Check out this quote on Steve Fee's blog --- you won't be disappointed!

Psalm 40:2-4 (New International Version)

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

I am so thankful that God "put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise."
I am also thankful that God put men in my life of Godly example, so that I might have a better view of my Heavenly Father --- I'd like to say of all of you that "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." Thank God He doesn't call us to be perfect --- He just calls us to sit at His feet, to know Him and become perfected in His image and His plan for us.

Happy Father's Day --- I hope you are receiving the blessing that comes with serving the Lord today.

No comments: