Thursday, December 13, 2007

On the first day of Christmas...

(Imagine my voice here - you know you can...) On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...a house outside the city.

Yes, sometimes, I still can't believe that I - me - Jennifer Ellen Durst Whisonant - me, stubborn(no snickers required here and remember when you point fingers, there are many pointing back at you), and vowed to live in Rock Hill, SC my whole life long - currently reside in a suburb of a suburb of a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia. I am still in shock, I think. But, Christ, my True Love, and Chris, my true love, have generously and amazingly moved me to a great home in Acworth. We're settling in and making it ours. We've even had play dates and company over, too. (Yes, I got over the "the house isn't ready" junk.) Yesterday at the end of a long process, I finally cleared out a closet for Chris's "wood-shed" as he lovingly calls it. Again, I gave up storage (at the last house it was my gigantic linen closet) closets for his "other" children. I am just grateful it only requires ONE big closet. LOL. It was a labor of love - many things are these days - but all counted great joy, whether in the moment or in retrospect.

So, I'm thankful...
for my home, but more for my family and for my provider and Jehovah Jirah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in "retrospect" was it a labor of love to help (make)me clean my closet? Do you still love me?
HaHaHa...
Jane