Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On the sixth day...

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, six parties waiting, fiiiiiive rubber bouggies, four winds a'whipping, three trips to church, two whiny kids and a house outside the city.

O' tis the season, isn't it? I have phone calls and emails to return from every mom in every group that Emma Grace participates in wanting to have another party and me bring something else just to push the next group of short people in to sugar madness and me into the nut house. Bull Street here I come! and we all know I hate to make phone calls! So, I'm counting down and maybe today, I'll have enough rightness of heart to happily return all those calls. ugh. I don't mean to be a grinch, but it just starts getting tiresome and takes the fun out things to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm so tired I feel like I've been chasing a chicken with its head cut off. Am I chasing myself? Now, that's a mental picture.

So, I'm thankful, for Christmas spirit, even when I run low - and for people that want to fill their kids with sugar so they have fun, and for naptimes...yes, thank you, Jesus, for nap. We may all take one today!

No comments: