Saturday, December 15, 2007

On the third day...

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three trips to church, two whiny kids, and a house outside the city. Okay, so that's just three trips to church(es) in the next 24 hours or so because it's church contata time, it's church contata time, or as more modern people would say, the church's adult choir Christmas presentation. =)

We've been plugged in at Kennesaw FBC for a good bit now and Emma Grace sang with the children's choir last Sunday night (a miracle in itself, trust me - last year, it was time to sing, and Chris's parents had accidentally sat through the "frozen chosen" and when it was time for her to sing, she wouldn't go out. I believe her grandma actually called her a "little bouger" for the first time ever - I didn't know she had it in her. lol.) So, now, it's my turn to sing with/at KFBC. Tonight, as an outreach, the adult choir will travel to Powder Springs to a host church to share our Christmas thing and lead in worship for a baby sister church that doesn't have a choir or a building even large enough to hold us, but God can use it, can't He? Doesn't He? I've met their worship team and you can see Jesus working through them, precious...hence, first trip to church. (God is so cool.) Then in the morning, Chris and I will practice/play with the contemporary praise band to help lead worship for the 11am service at KFBC, second trip to church. (Again, enter the God is so cool part.) Then in the afternoon, I'll head back to church early, to sing again with the choir to share/lead the Christmas thing with our own congregation...hence, the third trip, and hopefully, final one of the next 24 hours. God is so cool that really no matter where you are, if you're really willing to use your gifts, He'll plug you in...I never really had to do much except show up...and isn't that all God really asks...for His people to show up and let Him do the work??? Hmmm, point to ponder, got your willing heart ready or are you saving it up for yourself? It's easy to save it up, then you don't have to work or hurt or miss anyone...you can just be alone and be numb...hmmmm, really want God to leave you alone?

So, I'm thankful for three trips to church - to do what Jesus said - and to celebrate His coming - and to just SHOW UP - to miss loved ones - to roll up my sleeves - to have a little pain in the joy. I am so grateful that all I really have to do is have a willing heart and just show up.

No comments: