Saturday, December 22, 2007

On the tenth day...

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, ten folks a'calling, nine timeouts standing, eight whiffs o'gas, seven 'ssemblies a-swayin', six parties waiting, fiiiiiive rubber bouggies, four winds a'whipping, three trips to church, two whiny kids and a house outside the city.

I mean we're not rock-stars even if we wished we were, but it's nice to get some holiday cheer by phone, card or visit. We have been getting phone calls, emails and of course, cards wishing us well and asking us how Georgia really is. =) I will have to say that the holiday calls started with a very surprising and happily received call from one of my best-good friends - so, hats off to you Mrs. Jen Wade - children's leader extraordinaire - for taking a moment from your hectic holidayingness to call me - it was so nice to hear your voice. I've even gotten an email from my childhood best friend of 2o-some odd years - good grief, that's a stinkin' long time - and for her and her crazy busy life - that's a Christmas miracle as is hearing from Mrs. Wade across the miles and 2 hour time zone that I often forget about. Since then, I've chatted with my mom and his mom and my grandmother (which I realized the other day that my dad's mom is our only living grandparent, meaning --- that she is our kids' only living great grandparent - reminding me some extra effort is required on my part to give her the gift of knowing her great grandchildren in this life before Heaven.) Okay, so focusing again, Chris has talked to a few of his buddies, too - Uncle Moody, Uncle Billy and Uncle Joe have all talked to my head of household this week, so it's so nice - remembering our friends and family - it's a warm fuzzy - it really is - we miss everyone so much and remembering them and them remembering us as we celebrate Jesus' birthday is so great. God is cool. All the time.

So, I'm thankful for family and friends, near (my folks are here this weekend) or far or farther than that. (I think El Paso may be on the other side of the earth or at least on that part of the map that's in the crease...) =) Just simply so thankful. I love you, Jesus. Happy Birthday.

No comments: